Fire Prevention & Carbon Monoxide Detection
Make sure your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are functioning properly. Test your detectors monthly and change the battery at least once a year. Springing forward an hour for Daylight Savings is a good reminder. If you are a Hayes Properties tenant and your smoke or carbon monoxide detectors are not working, please contact us at 773-929-7050.
Most Hayes Properties apartments are outfitted with a
combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector.
Eliminate Fire Hazards
• Never leave your stove or oven unattended while cooking.
• Keep flammable objects at least three feet away from a heat source.
• Do not run extension cords behind rugs or curtains.
• Do not use appliances with damaged cords.
Know Your Exits
• Familiarize yourself with all of the exits at the property.
In the Event of a Fire
• Exit your apartment immediately.
• Pull the nearest fire alarm located in the hallway.
• In dense smoke, crawl on the floor to nearest exit.